AEROCARGO Internacional V.A. is a flexible virtual airline, but there are certain minimum rules that every member must meet to remain active and continue to belong to our organization.
We ask you to read carefully each of the participation policies.
AEROCARGO Internacional V.A. is run by volunteers who work very hard on running our VA. In order to provide an enjoyable VA experience to all members, we have established a Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct is not designed to confine or restrict our member’s activities, but rather ensure that AEROCARGO remains a safe, friendly, fun and enjoyable environment for all.
- Be welcoming
- Be friendly and patient
- Be respectful
- Be careful in the words that you choose
The Code of Conduct serves to set minimum standards of conduct by which all members of AEROCARGO are required to adhere to. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds. Everyone in the community deserves to be treated with respect, whether you agree with them or not. We understand that from time to time there will be differences in opinion. While we respect these differences and promote active discussion, the following are considered to be unacceptable behavior.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Public or private harassment, insults or threatening
- Profanity, vulgarity or derogatory comments towards any member
- Personal, religious or political attacks
- Trolling or sharing private information of other community members
Should a member conduct themselves in a disruptive/inappropriate manner, they will be given a written warning. Should a member conduct themselves in a disruptive/inappropriate manner for the second time their membership will be terminated and a permanent ban will be placed into effect immediately.
Always be respectful to fellow pilots and staff, remember in order to get respect, you must show respect.
Welcome to AEROCARGO Internacional Virtual Airline
Pilots are reminded that when using the VATSIM or IVAO online Air Traffic Simulation Networks that every member is an ambassador of AEROCARGO Internacional V.A. when using our ACI call sign. Pilots are to exercise good manners and are not to engage in arguments over the networks. Pilots are expected to announce all intentions when operating in the vicinity of any other traffic.
General chat between AEROCARGO pilots should be conducted on AEROCARGO’s TeamSpeak 3, and not in the ATC clients, Unicom is NOT for chat.
If at any time AEROCARGO Internacional V.A. receives communication from any of the networks about the behaviour of one of our pilots, the matter will be investigated and the pilot may be removed from AEROCARGO Internacional V.A. following an investigation if deemed appropriate.
In order to maintain an organized and active roster, all members are expected to abide by the minimum activity requirements listed below.
New Hire’s must submit their first flight report within seven ( 7 ) days of hire using the ACARS system.
New Hire’s that fail to submit their first flight report within seven ( 7 ) days of hire using ACARS system will simply be dismissed without notice.
All members must submit a minimum of one ( 1 ) flight report per Calendar month using ACARS system.
Members who fail to submit a flight report for any given Calendar month will be marked as inactive at the end of that Calendar month then placed on our inactive roster.
Members still remaining on the inactive roster on the 10th of the next Calendar month that have not contacted the AEROCARGO Staff Team will simply be dismissed for inactivity without notice.
If a member is dismissed for inactivity and re-applies, your past record of participation will be looked at !
AEROCARGO accepts 100% of your VATSIM, IVAO or other virtual airline transfer hours.
We do not believe in asking seasoned pilots to “re-start” their career because they have chosen to join our community.
Transfer hours will be added to your profile after your first flight report has been approved.
ALL Members must use ACARS System on each flight.
- Slewing is not allowed
- Mid Air Refueling is not allowed
- All flights must be flown with a Maximum Sim Rate of 1x
- Flights with a Maximum Sim Rate greater than 1x will be rejected
- No excessive overspeeds (maintained for more than 5 minutes)
- No excessive speed, in relation to the flight altitude (> 250 KIAS < 10,000 ft)
Manual Flight Reports are only to be submitted for the following reasons.
- You user iOS and can’t install our ACARS Software. (You must send a screenshoot of the X-Plane running under iOS).
- ACARS System error is encountered.
- Flight Simulator error is encountered.
- Maximum landing rate has been exceeded.
- A reason must be provided in the comments section of the Manual Flight Report.
- Submitting a screenshot to the AEROCARGO Staff Team will greatly improve the chances of having a manual flight report approved.
- Manual flight reports are held for review and approved at the Staff Team’s discretion.
Maximum Landing Rate – minus fifteen hundred ( -1500 fpm )
If your landing rate is higher than this, no problem, just follow the listed step below.
- File your original ACARS flight report that has exceeded the maximum landing rate of ( –1500fpm )
- Now file a manual flight report using the information from your originally filed flight report with the exceeded maximum landing rate.
- Original Flight reports with landing rates that exceed ( –1500fpm ) will be held for 24 hours then deleted.
( If you want credit for your exceeded maximum landing rate flight a manual flight report must be filed. )
If needed pilots are allowed to request a LOA (leave of absence) at any time, up to a maximum of ninety days ( 90 ) days.
LOA exceptions maybe made for special circumstances.
You can use our CONTACT US page to request a LOA.